Monday, March 5, 2012

Press On

When my insecurities rise up once again, it's time to press on.

When the thought of doing something seems cripplingly terrifying even though I know in my head that it's not so bad, it's time to press on.

When I'm bored and my mind wants to wander from something valuable to something silly, from my job to miscellaneous personal thoughts, it's time to press on.

When I feel angry or hurt or embarrassed without cause, or even with cause, it's time to press on.

When I fall flat on my face, it's time to get up and press on.

When I'm lazy and waste time, it's time to get up and press on.

When I need to press on, I have friends who can encourage me, including one very special friend who tells me to take courage.

When I need to press on, I have people who I know will accept me even if I fail to break through the wall, people who will cheer my success when the wall breaks at last.

When I need to press on, I have God, who delights to give me strength and encouragement.

When I press on, I receive blessings that go far beyond the difficulty, blessings which are all the greater when it was so hard I wanted to cry as I looked ahead to what I had to do.

When I press on, I become stronger, and the next time I need to press on it is easier.

When I press on, God uses me, and others are blessed.

When I press on, I see how much I am loved.


*I do not speak of pressing on when with sober judgment you know that the battle is not worth the prize.  But so often the prize is worth it, and we do not receive only because we are unwilling to strive, to persevere, to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment